Platinum Site Development Information
Congratulations on becoming an Independent Business Owner!
My name is Doug LaMar. I am the exclusive website provider for The Drug Test Consultant, Background Screeners of America and the Employers Service Group. I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you to some of the features of your new website… and to give you a chance to look over your site choices.
Your new website is a turnkey package including a domain name (website address) of your choice (subject to availability of course), up to 10 250MB email inboxes, basic site customization for YOUR business, website content explaining your products and services and an online store for eCommerce (selling your products and services on the web).
Your new website is built on WordPress. WordPress has great features and powers 1 of every 4 websites!
This website showcases the choices for your website look and feel. This is referred to as your website theme. The theme controls the color scheme and layout of your pages.
Please have a look at the showcase sites. Decide which theme you like – your website will look exactly like the theme, except that it will be customized with your business name, logo, contact information, colors, etc.
We are a full-service web development company and can work with you to create a custom website if you so choose.
We are WordPress specialists! Ask about custom WordPress themes and functionality!
Website Theme Customization
The following customization is included in your initial package:
1. Adding a logo to the theme – you provide the logo.
(If you would like to have a logo designed for you, I send clients to http://thelogocompany.net – just $195 – great work.)
Sometimes we can find some logo artwork I can work with at: https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=logo&filters[content_type%3Azip_vector]=1
If there is artwork there that you like I can often create a logo for you for about $50. This includes adding company name/slogan and changing logo colors.
2. Color changes on any of the WordPress themes. (I can color match your logo if you wish)
3. Updating contact information
4. Setting up your drug testing online store to use one of the supported merchant account solutions. After your basic site is set up, I’ll send you more information about Merchant Account Options. (If you don’t already have a merchant account – I recommend PayPal as the least expensive means to process credit/debit card transactions.)
Please note: Additional customization can be done for an additional fee. I am a professional web developer and can do anything you have ever seen on the web. If you are interested in anything from wording tweaks to the creation of a fully customized website, let’s talk!
1. Registering your domain name (.com, .net, .org, or .biz) – If you already registered a domain name I can work with it.
2. Up to 10 250MB Email inboxes @yourdomain – If you already set up email I can work with that too.
3. 1st Year of Web Hosting with Managed WordPress Hosting.
4. Email and Telephone Support (questions, etc)
If you are ready or have questions (I expect you will), go ahead and give me a call (contact information below).
What I’ll need to get your site set up is:
Desired domain name (web address)
Contact information that you would like included on the website
Address (P.O. Box?)
Phone Numbers (Toll-free? Fax?)
Which theme you like
Please review the following information:
1. You can check to see if your domain name is available here: http://enomcentral.com
Don’t actually register the name – I’ll do that for you. (If you have already registered a name let me know – I can work with it)
2. Business name and contact information on the website is VERY EASY to add/change, so no problem if you aren’t sure of everything at this point.
3. The theme is really a matter of personal choice. Which do you like better? Look at structure – color, images and text content is easily changed!
4. Over the years I have found several of the best, least expensive service providers for things you may need to get your business started…
If you want a Toll-Free number check out this resource: http://tollfree.kall8.com/10333.htm —
Kall8 will give you a toll-free number that rings on any phone number you provide for a $2 setup fee – $2/month and 6.9 cents/minute
Need Business Cards? VistaPrint – get 250 business cards for about $15 (including shipping): http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2010270-10285320 (affiliate link)
Please note: We cannot use VistaPrint logos on your website due to copyright restrictions.
I have several more business resource suggestions. Let me know what you are looking for and I’ll point you in the right direction.
One last bit of information – It will take about 48 – 72 hours to get your website online after I receive the information from you, then from an hour up to about two weeks or so to set up your merchant account (depending upon what provider you choose). Whatever you do, don’t set up a merchant account without talking to me first… I need to make sure what you want to do is compatible with the website store.
Doug LaMar, President
LaMarSOFT, LLC dba Sensible Websites
11909 Arbor Street, Suite G
Omaha, NE 68144-4418